OFCMA are here to help you!
We can support you to set up as a Childminder Agency
We can help you find an Ofsted Registered Childminder Agency in your area that can help you register
We are the voice for Childminder Agencies
Ofsted Registered Childminder Agencies are in the process of working together to set up a charity called Organisation for ChildMinder Agencies (OFCMA). The purpose of OFCMA will be to:
- promote the provision of facilities for the daily care, recreation and education of children and to promote good standards of childminding with childminders registered with an Ofsted Registered Childminder Agency.
- advance the education and training of childminders, early years educators and other persons and organisations providing day care and education facilities for children who are registered with an Ofsted Registered Childminder Agency
- conduct research into aspects of care, recreation and education of children to support member Childminder Agencies to support their registered childminders, provide training and resources to those childminders as well as to enable effective and contemporary methods of regulation that advances the education for children under the age of eight.
OFCMA will launch officially in early 2019.
Whether you are an existing childminder or considering starting a new career in childminding then see if there are any Childminding Agencies in your area. You could benefit from:
- New childcare business grant of up to £300 (subject to availability)
- Full support getting registered as a childminder
- Clear and helpful support to make your childminding business even better
- Regular feedback
- 16 hours (min) training and CPD each year
- Friendly and helpful support
While ALL Ofsted Childminder Agencies must meet legislative requirements, each will offer something unique. Some offer additional visits and support, some can also assess you for your Level 3 qualification and others can support you to take on committed young people to train as Apprentice Early Years Practitioners. But, one thing we have in common is that we are passionate about childminding as a profession and we are determined to support our childminders to be the best they can be and to offer the best care and education they can to children and young people.