OFCMA was set up to provide peer support to member agencies and to be a visible leading voice to the sector. We work collaboratively to achieve our objectives by drawing on the skills and experience of our members. We are an unincorporated charity body, and in a competitive market, we provide a forum for bringing together the best pioneering practice and innovation, whilst supporting our members to achieve excellence in providing good outcomes for children. We are proud champions of the childminding sector. We believe childminders are central to the early years sector in this country and we want them to be recognised, as such. In order to offer the highest quality of care and early education to children, childminders need advice, support and training. We support our member CMAs to deliver this.
For our members, OFCMA will:
- Provide advice and support
- Hold events for networking and information exchange
- Represent members with government stakeholders such as Ofsted and Department of Education, as well as with regional stakeholders, such as Local Authorities
- Work collectively to provide to explore current issues and develop new policy ideas
- Continue to maintain a membership agency fee
- Promote our members and their events through our website, mailing lists and events.
OFCMA Membership Eligibility
To be eligible for membership you must be registered as a childminder agency with Ofsted.
To be eligible for applicant membership, the prospect agency will need to be setting up in an area.
To be an agency member you need to be nominated and interviewed by 2 member agencies of CMA and voted on by a majority vote by those attending a meeting. To be removed, the reverse process applies.